Friday, September 25, 2009

A Few Words

Since this is my first attempt at blogging, I will be brief. I am creating this blog as a tool for the students at Nashville Aikikai to learn more about the art of Aikido. In doing so I will, from time to time, post articles regarding history, philosophy, technique, training and any other matters that are relevant to your growth in Aikido.

Though it is my belief that true understanding of the art of Aikido is achieved through training, I also believe that dialog enhances the Aiki experience. Many times I have been asked challenging questions by students. As often as not after answering the question as well as I can on the spot, I go home and give the query more reflection and consideration. That is when I get the, "oh gee, I wish I had said..." feeling. I hope I can give more thoughtful (and maybe thought provoking) answers through this medium.

Finally, I encourage all students (or curious readers) to take the opportunity to weigh in on the matters discussed in this blog. Ask Questions. Respond to what you have read. And, of course, enjoy this forum fully as I hope you enjoy all aspects of your training at Nashville Aikikai.

Yours through Aikido

Tom Sensei

No comments:

Post a Comment